Tuesday 3 March 2009

Big dragon

On tuesday I woke up feeling great, with new skin and ready for the battle. Sun was shining but it was cold. Conditions were clearly good. Weather forecast announced rain for wednesday, so I knew I had to be accurate and complete my task.
I moved to Petit Bois early, warmed up and noticed that rock wasn't as grippy as I expected. But I remained positive and started my attempts on Big dragon. I thought first ones would have been the best ones, but I was wrong. I was still cold and so were the holds. I rested for about 30 minutes, sun came out and temp raised a bit. Every now and then wind was blowing. Now it was the right time. A couple of tries always falling at the same point made me understand better the delicate and precise body placement for the crux. Again. I did the first moves with ease, spike felt ok, left foot well placed and so the right heel. Left hand hit the bad sloper and my body was tight. I looked up and the jug was there, few inches. I went for it precisely, heel popped followed by right hand but this time I had it good enough to hold the swing. In a rush of adrenaline I topped out and released an uncontrolled scream. Yes. I was on top.

No comments: